THE HEART OF SIMRA-DANCE
- We believe that God can use oriental dance as a powerful tool in restoration, healing and setting women free..
- Yet, these dances are not only for women. We have seen God use us to touch men as well as He deals with them on how they see women.
- We want to create opportunities to encourage women in their faith; body, soul and spirit. But most of all we want to give God a platform to restore and heal women through classes, workshops, shows and testimonies.
- We would also like to bring women out of their isolation concerning problems women face.
It has long been on my heart to accompany women on the path of freedom in Christ by using oriental dance as an expression of praise.
That might seem a little off track… Can we reconcile God and belly dancing?? I’ve been surprised myself to see how God has guided me, from a very young age, to combine this dance form with my faith.
« The joy of the Lord is my strength »
But I see that God redeems this dance form and uses it to help us enter into the process of freedom and the joy of living in unity; body, soul and spirit.
This passage from the Bible well represents what I experience in my praise dance
«You have changed my mourning into dancing. You took off my funeral clothes and dressed me up in joy so that my whole being might sing praises to you and never stop. Lord, my God, I will give thanks to you forever.» (Psalm 30: 11-12)
This vision is the theme of Simra-dance! We want to experience it in classes, workshops and shows within the company.
«To bring women to God».
To allow women to draw near to God in a place of trust.
To help and support them so that together we all grow in the Lord.
«To prepare the ground»
To prepare the ground by being co-labourers with God so that He can work; so that He can heal women through his love, especially in their identity and femininity (and whatever else He wants). We give full freedom to the Holy Spirit.
How we pursue these objectives:
Through a simple prayer:
We prepare ourselves in prayer
In fact, prayer is the central element in the workshops, classes and in the company.
Through oriental dance:
The classes and shows (based on the special techniques of oriental dance)
A meeting place with God as a woman.
- Worship through movements
- To feel worthy of being a woman
- Unblock the pelvic region, the place of life that God created
- Accept your womanly body as it is
- And more…
« I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. » (Psalm 139:14)
We want women to ask themselves plenty of questions, being sensitive to find answers through the body and dance, prayer, listening and sharing:
- What does God think of women (of me)?
- How did God create femininity?
- How do I feel about myself?
- What is freedom in Christ?
- How can I be purified?
- Do I believe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made?
- Through teaching and testimonies:
Through the Word of God, my teaching during the workshops and our testimonies (authentic: we share our joy, our tears, our victories and our weaknesses), we want to touch women where they are in their life and in their walk with God.
We are aware that we serve a great God who is always good and always the same. He invites us to allow Him to transform us and receive more from Him. In this way we remain in a place where we can develop and change. We want to be there as a support as women become aware of blockages and walk with them on the path to change that often includes redemption, asking God for forgiveness and inviting the Holy Spirit to guide us on the path of freedom.
We want to give God the right to help people and Simra-dance grow. We want to make way for the love of God!
« Where the Spirit of God is, there is freedom! »